Tour Dates:June 7 - 28, 2013A Masque of Infamy
By Kelly Dessaint
A Masque of Infamy is a horrific and raucous story of teenage rebellion. But instead of "What d'ya got?" fifteen-year-old Louis Baudrey knows exactly what he's fighting against…
After moving from Los Angeles to small town Alabama in 1987 with his father, his younger brother and this guy Rick, a friend of the family, Louis tries to fit in at the local high school, but the Bible-thumpers and the rednecks don't take too kindly to his outlandish wardrobe and burgeoning punk attitude. At home, he defies the sadistic intentions of Rick, who rules the household with an iron fist. As Louis begins to lose all hope, he stumbles upon indisputable proof that will free him and his brother from Rick's tyranny. But just when he thinks his troubles are over, he's locked up in the adolescent ward of a mental hospital, where he must fight the red tape of the system to realize his dream of being a punk rocker.
Author Info

Kelly Dessaint was born and raised in Los Angeles. At fifteen, he moved to Alabama, where he ended up in state custody, an experience documented in his autobiographical novel A Masque of Infamy. After graduating from the University of Alabama, he lived and traveled across the country, working odd jobs and gathering material for the stories he has published under various pseudonyms in small press magazines and his zines, Vagabond Review and Piltdownlad. In 1998, he founded the publishing company Phony Lid Books, which released titles by numerous prominent small press authors. He lives in LA with his wife and three cats.
Tour Schedule
June 7th Alana Munro
June 8th Stuffed Shelves
June 11th my name is: Sage
June 12th Yah Gotta Read This!
June 13th Raven Reviews
June 17th A Lovely Bookshelf on the Wall
June 18th The Avid Reader
June 20th Sarah Thinks about Stuff
June 21st Crafty Mom Zen
June 24th The Relentless Reader
June 25th Shannon’s Book Bag
June 26th BookSpin
June 27th Book Fidelity
June 28th Read Your Bookcase
June 8th Stuffed Shelves
June 11th my name is: Sage
June 12th Yah Gotta Read This!
June 13th Raven Reviews
June 17th A Lovely Bookshelf on the Wall
June 18th The Avid Reader
June 20th Sarah Thinks about Stuff
June 21st Crafty Mom Zen
June 24th The Relentless Reader
June 25th Shannon’s Book Bag
June 26th BookSpin
June 27th Book Fidelity
June 28th Read Your Bookcase
My Review:
I thought this book was an ok read. it was horrible but it wasnt great. Louis was the character who I liked the most in this book . The thing for me with this book is a didnt like the writting style. The plot of the book was good too, it was different and refreshing which I always love reading books that I dont read all the time. I also love the cover too, I think its very cool! I would recommend this book because I think there are people out there who would like it, mind you its not for everyone but its worth a read or a look.
I would like to thank Sage for letting me participate in this blog tour and read and review this book.

No comments:
Post a Comment