Today I am doing a review of Real Mermaids Dont sell seashells/ I am also doing a spotlight for Real Mermaids dont wear Toe Rings and I am holding a giveaway for this book as well!
Spotlight Post:

Freak of nature takes on a whole new meaning...
If she hadn't been so clueless, she might have seen it coming. But really, who expects to get into a relaxing bathtub after a stressful day of shopping for tankinis and come out with scales and a tail?
Most. Embarrassing. Moment. Ever.
Jade soon discovers she inherited her mermaid tendencies from her mom. But if Mom was a mermaid, how did she drown?
Jade is determined to find out. So how does a plus-size, aqua-phobic mer-girl go about doing that exactly? And how will Jade ever be able to explain her secret to her best friend, Cori, and to her crush, Luke?
This summer is about to get a lot more interesting...
Book Info:
In the fourth installment of Hélène Boudreau’s breezy, fun and “unputdownable” Real Mermaids series, our favorite mer-girl Jade can’t think of a better way to celebrate peace in the underwater mer-world than with a tropical vacation in the Bahamas with her family and BFF.
Soon, Jade is enjoying the tropical sunshine, all-you-can-eat buffet, and island day trips. But when Jade gets lost in the island’s famous waterfront Straw Market, something doesn’t feel quite right. A body splashes into the water as a cruise ship enters the harbor and a teen boy selling conches from his boat behind the market knows more than he’s willing to admit.
With no body, no leads, and no other witnesses, though, the local police don’t seem too concerned. Maybe Jade’s imagination has been acting up on her, just like Cori said, considering everything she’s been through in the past few months. But with Mom and Dad off on a honeymoon excursion it wouldn’t hurt to check things out, would it? Little do Jade and Cori realize, they are about to uncover more secrets about the splashing body, dangerous cruise ship cargo, and more questions than answers lurking in the nearby Caribbean waters.
Author Info:
Hélène Boudreau is the author of the picture book I DARE YOU NOT TO YAWN (Candlewick) and the tween series REAL MERMAIDS (Sourcebooks/Jabberwocky) as well as other books for children and young adults.Visit her at http://www.heleneboudreau.com/
My review:
For me this book was ok and kind of different but overall I wasnt impressed. The story was ok and the characters were developed but I think the author tried to jam too much action into the story. Also the book wasnt that beleivable its like ok I just found a dead body but now instead of doing something serious Im going to forget all this drama and go do something fun! I mean who does that or has that mentallity? I mean I know its a middle grade book and I feel like Im taking it to seriously but still I think that is a big weakness in the plot. The good thing about the book is that it is a quick read.
My final verdict:
Sadly I dont think I can recomend this book it is to flighty and a bit ridiculous for me (I mean dont get me wrong I do like to read fun and ridiculous books at times but this book was just eh for me). I think if this author would have keep more to the fun and fantasy side of the story with the weeding and the fact that their memaids and had not tried to add the murder mystery element in this would have been a pretty descent book.
I am holding a giveaway for this book more details can be found at the bottom of my blog!
I would like to thank Abbie from Sourcebooks for letting me read and review this book and to host a giveaway!
No comments:
Post a Comment