Author: James Patterson & Chris Tebbets
Narrator: Bryan Kennedy
Pub. Date: June 23 2014
Publisher: Hachette Audio
Length: 4 hours
Audiobook Info:

James Patterson's hilarious story of perseverance and courage shows everyone's favorite troublemaker, Rafe Khatchadorian, the star of the Middle School series, learning to become a leader at long last.
After a rough summer, Rafe is heading back to the dreaded Hills Village Middle School, the site of the very worst years of his life. And as if that's not bad enough, he's learned that he's going to be held back a year unless he can prove himself on an outdoor survival excursion--complete with dangerous white-water rafting, dizzying rock climbing, and fanatical counselors. Rafe and the rest of the pack of "delinquent" trainees are forced to cooperate as they prepare for the final test: a solo excursion in the deep woods. Can Rafe come out of the experience in one piece? And if he does, he go home as the same insecure kid?
Authors Info:
James Patterson was selected by kids across America as the Children's Choice Book Awards Author of the Year in 2010. He is the internationally bestselling author of the Middle School series, Treasure Hunters, and the I Funny, Confessions, Maximum Ride, the Witch & Wizard, Daniel X, and Alex Cross series. His books have sold more than 275 million copies worldwide, making him one of the bestselling authors of all time.
Chris Tebbetts has collaborated with James Patterson on three other books in the Middle School series and is also the author of The Viking, a fantasy-adventure series for young readers. He lives in Vermont. My Review:
Overall I enjoyed this audiobook. It was a nice and entertaining story. The problem for me is that I didnt buy everything that happened in the story. I do buy the fact that he went to survival camp, there are camps like this but the problem is how he ended up in that camp is not believable for me. That fact aside I like how the author kept the main arch of the Middle School Series in tact they didnt stray form our previous knowledge but created a new and unique adventure for readers.
Narration:
The narration was great! It was entertaining and animated, which I always enjoy when Im listening to audiobooks. The great thing about this narration is that the narrator actually sounds like Rafe, he sounds like an authentic middle school boy, which was great. He also differentiates the voices (some better then others) which makes it easy to imagine the story in your head.
My final verdict:
I would recommend this audiobook. Its a good story. I think people who like middle grade stories and middle grade readers will enjoy this book very much but its not for everybody. This audiobook is fun and funny at times and I cant wait to see what this author has in store for Rafe next.
No comments:
Post a Comment