Author: L. Ron Hubbard
Publisher: Galaxy
Pub. Date: June 2010
Meet Chuck Lambert, who, though not exactly a fool, is guilty of letting his imagination get the best of his wits. That's because our young, naive Lambert wants his own planet. But rather than purchase one legally from the Interior Department of the Outer Galactic Control, he soon succumbs to the flashy advertising of an unsavory galactic swindler named Madman Murphy—the purported King of Planetary Realtors.
What Madman is the king of, is selling the unwary a planet that isn't quite right, a planet where one can't sit down because there's something the matter with its matter. And that's exactly what becomes the matter for our unlucky voyager, after Chuck toils for eleven grueling years to scrape together enough money to finally buy a planet of his own.
ALSO INCLUDES THE SCIENCE FICTION STORIES "THE CONROY DIARY," "THE PLANET MAKERS" AND "THE OBSOLETE WEAPON"
My review:
Matter of Matter was an ok plot. I really did like the two main characters and enjoyed the ending of this story alot. The narration of this was good and I liked how it of course had sound effects as well. The cover of this audio book was ok but a little boring.
The Conroy Diary was one of my favorites on this audio book. I thought this was a very fun, funny and enjoyable story to listen too. I really liked the characters and the ending it was a well written and enjoyable story!The narration of this one was great! I liked the characters personality and how each one had a different voice. Great Story! Great Listen!
The Planet Makers:
This was not one of my favorites. I found this story plot wise to be rather boring and I wasnt really interested in the characters in this one. The narration was good but thats about it.
The Obsolete Weapon:
This was my other favorite on this audio book. It was a fun and well written story that involved time travel (and being that Im a big history person and a Doctor Who fan and H.G. Wells fan I love time travel stories!) I thought this story had a very clever ending and I liked the characters alot and there were also some funny moments in this story. The narration was great very animated and I could picture what was going on in my head. I enjoyed listening to this story very much!
Overall I would reccomend this audio book being that it has two stories on it that I really enjoyed and also being that it has 4 stories on it for the price of one audio book you cant beat that!
I would like to thank Julie from Galaxy Press for letting me listen too and review this audio book.
No comments:
Post a Comment