Book Info:
Suspense magazine chose Jennifer Hillier’s “truly frightening” debut,
Creep, as one of 2011’s best novels, while #1 bestselling author Jeffery
Deaver cautioned “you better call in sick—you’re not going anywhere until you
finish reading.” Now, Hillier returns to the Pacific Northwest college town
where one killer’s stranglehold has ebbed . . . but another sick mind has waited
for the perfect moment to pick up where the terror left off.
Sitting alone in a maximum-security prison cell, Abby Maddox is a celebrity.
Her claim to fame is the envy of every freak on the outside: she’s the former
lover of Ethan Wolfe, the killer who left more than a dozen dead women in his
wake and nearly added Puget Sound State professor Sheila Tao to the tally. Now
Abby, serving a nine-year sentence for slashing a police officer’s throat in a
moment of rage, has little human contact—save for the letters that pour in from
demented fans, lunatics, and creeps. But a new wave of murders has given Abby a
possible chance for a plea bargain—because this killer has been sending her love
letters, and carving a message on the bodies of the victims: Free Abby
Maddox.
Jerry Isaac will never forget the attack—or his attacker. The hideous
scarring and tortured speech are daily reminders that the one-time Seattle PD
officer, now a private investigator, is just lucky to be alive. Abby Maddox
deserves to rot in jail—forever, as far as Jerry’s concerned. But she alone may
possess crucial evidence—letters from this newest killer—that could crack open
the disturbing case. With the help of Professor Sheila Tao, seasoned police
detective Mike Torrance, and intuitive criminology student Danny Mercy, Jerry
must coax the shattering truth from isolated, dangerous Abby Maddox. Can he put
the pieces together before Abby’s number one fan takes another life in the name
of a killer’s perverted idea of justice?

My review:
This is the second book I have read by this author and I have to say it was much better than the first. I liked the cover of the book I thought it was cool. The characters and suspence of this book were both very good. The ending was very well written. I did not like the title that much though. I would reccomend this book to fans of suppence/crime novels or fans of this author in general because Im not sure if this is a book for everyone as there is alot of adult language in it, which I dont mind some adult language but when there is alot (which I felt there was in this book) I dont enjoy it as much.
I would like to thank the people at Gallery for letting me participate in this blog tour.

My review:
This is the second book I have read by this author and I have to say it was much better than the first. I liked the cover of the book I thought it was cool. The characters and suspence of this book were both very good. The ending was very well written. I did not like the title that much though. I would reccomend this book to fans of suppence/crime novels or fans of this author in general because Im not sure if this is a book for everyone as there is alot of adult language in it, which I dont mind some adult language but when there is alot (which I felt there was in this book) I dont enjoy it as much.
I would like to thank the people at Gallery for letting me participate in this blog tour.
I have enjoyed both books in this series.
ReplyDeleteI haven't read anything by this author yet. I love the cover of this book- it is so interesting! I enjoyed your review.
ReplyDelete~Jess