Author: Matthew Dicks
Narrator: Matthew Brown
Publisher: Macmillian Audio
Pub. Date: August 21, 2012
Length: 11 hrs
Imaginary friend Budo narrates this heartwarming story of love, loyalty, and
the power of the imagination—the perfect read for anyone who has ever had a
friend . . . real or otherwise.
Budo is lucky as imaginary friends go. He's been alive for more than five
years, which is positively ancient in the world of imaginary friends. But Budo
feels his age, and thinks constantly of the day when eight-year-old Max Delaney
will stop believing in him. When that happens, Budo will disappear.
Max is different from other children. Some people say that he has Asperger’s
Syndrome, but most just say he’s “on the spectrum.” None of this matters to
Budo, who loves Max and is charged with protecting him from the class bully,
from awkward situations in the cafeteria, and even in the bathroom stalls. But
he can’t protect Max from Mrs. Patterson, the woman who works with Max in the
Learning Center and who believes that she alone is qualified to care for this
young boy.
When Mrs. Patterson does the unthinkable and kidnaps Max, it is up to Budo and a team of imaginary friends to save him—and Budo must ultimately decide which is more important: Max’s happiness or Budo's very existence.
Narrated by Budo, a character with a unique ability to have a foot in many worlds—imaginary, real, child, and adult— Memoirs of an Imaginary Friend touches on the truths of life, love, and friendship as it races to a heartwarming . . . and heartbreaking conclusion.
My review:
This audio book was a good one, it was not perfect however but I really enjoyed listening to it. First I have to say what a unique idea for a book! I was so excited to listen to this one! The writing style is good and his characters are ok. I liked the idea that Budo was the narrator of this story but at times I did get annoyed with Budo. I did care what happened to him in the story so I liked him overall.
Max was also a character I liked in the story and I cared what happened to him as well. I also liked the different imaginary friends that you meet in this audio book/novel. There were a few characters/scences that Im not sure why they were in there but other then that everything is fine in plot.
The narration of this book was good, not boring but not over the top either. I actually really enjoyed this narrator. He was animated and his tone was good, I wanted to listen to this narration. While listening to this audio book I could picture what was going on in my head (which you know this is a good audio book when you can do that).
I would highly recommend this audio book I think its a refreshing and enjoyable to listen to and the characters are memorable as well. The ending is also very good. It is an audio book that I think will appeal to many readers (but word of caution: it is not a kids or YA book).
I would like to thank Susan from Audio book Jukebox for letting me listen to and review this audio book.
When Mrs. Patterson does the unthinkable and kidnaps Max, it is up to Budo and a team of imaginary friends to save him—and Budo must ultimately decide which is more important: Max’s happiness or Budo's very existence.
Narrated by Budo, a character with a unique ability to have a foot in many worlds—imaginary, real, child, and adult— Memoirs of an Imaginary Friend touches on the truths of life, love, and friendship as it races to a heartwarming . . . and heartbreaking conclusion.
My review:
This audio book was a good one, it was not perfect however but I really enjoyed listening to it. First I have to say what a unique idea for a book! I was so excited to listen to this one! The writing style is good and his characters are ok. I liked the idea that Budo was the narrator of this story but at times I did get annoyed with Budo. I did care what happened to him in the story so I liked him overall.
Max was also a character I liked in the story and I cared what happened to him as well. I also liked the different imaginary friends that you meet in this audio book/novel. There were a few characters/scences that Im not sure why they were in there but other then that everything is fine in plot.
The narration of this book was good, not boring but not over the top either. I actually really enjoyed this narrator. He was animated and his tone was good, I wanted to listen to this narration. While listening to this audio book I could picture what was going on in my head (which you know this is a good audio book when you can do that).
I would highly recommend this audio book I think its a refreshing and enjoyable to listen to and the characters are memorable as well. The ending is also very good. It is an audio book that I think will appeal to many readers (but word of caution: it is not a kids or YA book).
I would like to thank Susan from Audio book Jukebox for letting me listen to and review this audio book.
No comments:
Post a Comment