Tuesday, October 30, 2012

The Salt Gods Daughter

The Salt Gods Daughter by Ilie Ruby

Book Info:
The Salt God's Daughter by Ilie Ruby is the story of a loss of innocence as told by Ruthie and Naida, a mother and daughter who are forever changed by violence, by family mysteries, by towering acts of love. In an oceanic wilderness where identity is as changeable as the ocean, they face the rites of passage necessary to endure and find in themselves a strength and connection that survive the ages. Theirs is a story that brings to light the primal divinity of the isolated, the marginalized and of those bonded by blood and myth as seen through a lens of transcendent beauty. A stunning, raw, evolutionary tale about the ties that bind, and how far we'll go to save the ones we love.
 
Author Info:
Ilie Ruby is the author of THE SALT GOD'S DAUGHTER and THE LANGUAGE OF TREES (2010). She is the winner of the Edwin L. Moses Award for Fiction, chosen by T.C. Boyle, and is the former fiction editor of The Southern California Anthology, a literary magazine. She has worked as a 5th grade teacher, a documentary film associate producer in Central America, and is an avid supporter of literacy efforts in Ethiopia. She teaches writing in Boston, where she lives with her husband and three children.
 
My review:
What a great read this was! I enjoyed it alot! First let me say that this book was beautifully written. I loved the characters. You can really feel for them in this book but this is one of those books where you can also picture in your mind what is going on in the book very easily because the author writes that vividly. I also very much enjoyed the plot of this novel, it was fresh and unique. I also really liked the cover of this book as well. I thought it was very colorful and I think it goes with the atomosphere of the book quite well. I would recommend this book highly its a fresh and unique read. It is also a worthwhile read and it is rare that you find books that are written this eloquently.
 
 
I would like to thank Tabathia from Spark Point Studio for letting me read and review this novel.

No comments:

Post a Comment