Book Info:
A Barefoot Bay Novel
They say you can never go home again . . .
When "Life Coach to the Stars" Jocelyn Bloom is embroiled in scandal, the only place she can hide is the one place she wishes she could forget. She left Barefoot Bay-and the boy next door who knew all her secrets-years ago. Now nothing about the tiny island off the coast of Florida is quite how she remembers it, especially Will Palmer. He's even more gorgeous and tempting . . . and still capable of turning her world inside out.
But what if someone is waiting for you?
To Will Palmer, Guy Bloom is more than the elderly, senile neighbor he looks after-he's the last connection to Jocelyn, the woman Will loved and lost. But the reunion with Jocelyn doesn't go smoothly. Shocked by the change in her father's personality, Jocelyn struggles to reconcile her dark childhood with the sweet, confused man who has grown close to Will. Jocelyn has guided countless clients to happiness-but can she escape the rainy days of her past for a new sunny future with Will?
Author Info:
ROXANNE ST. CLAIRE is a New York Times Bestselling author of nearly thirty novels of romance and suspense. The author of two very popular suspense series, the Bullet Catchers and the Guardian Angelinos, her most recent release is a full-length stand-alone romantic suspense novel, Space In His Heart.
A five-time nominee and one-time winner of the prestigious RITA Award for the best in romantic fiction, Roxanne's books have also been awarded the National Readers Choice Award for best romantic suspense for two consecutive years as well as the Daphne du Maurier award, the Booksellers Best Award, the Award of Excellence, the Maggie, the Holt Medallion and many more. Her novel, The Sins of His Past, was selected as the Borders Top Pick in Romance for 2007, and will be reissued this March as part of the "Kiss Me, I'm Irish" trilogy from Harlequin. Roxanne's books have been published in dozens of countries and are routinely featured as selections in the Doubleday and Rhapsody book clubs.
Space In His Heart is her first independently published novel, a never-before-released thriller about a Navy fighter pilot turned astronaut and the PR superstar who sends his heart to the moon. This spring, a brand new contemporary romance series set on a fictional island off the coast of Florida begins with the April 2012 release of Barefoot In The Sand. In addition, Roxanne has stories in multiple anthologies throughout 2012 and her entire backlist is available in electronic versions. This summer, her first Young Adult novel, Don't You Wish, will be released in hardcover.
Free reads, excerpts, character profiles, author news and contests can be found on her web site: www.roxannestclaire.com. You can follow her at www.facebook.com/roxannestclaire and www.twitter.com/@roxannestclaire,or email her via her web site. Roxanne lives in Florida with her husband, two children and loves to hear from readers all over the world!
Guest Post:
What made you want to write Ba refoot in the Rain?
First of all, thanks for inviting me today! So good to be here. Barefoot in the Rain was, in fact, originally conceived as the first book in the Barefoot Bay series. This is the book I wanted to write when I initially decided I’d like to take a break from romantic suspense and explore deeper, even darker emotions in a more character-driven story. The idea of having to “forgive the unforgiveable” in order to find love really appealed to me. But when I sketched out the whole Barefoot Bay series into four books, something in my gut told me this should be the second book. Not sure why -- maybe because it does tackle heavier issues than the first book.
If you could not write romance novels what genre would you write and why?
If you could not write
I also write young adult novels and enjoy every minute of living in a teenager’s head. No, really, I do! I read YA voraciously, so that is definitely one of my favorite genres of fiction. I also love to read biographies because I’m fascinated by people who overcome monumental odds to find success and peace in their lives. I’m interested in anything spiritual, also, so that kind of non-fiction could be residing in me. All I know is that I will write a hundred books in my lifetime, and I’m only about 1/3 of the way there!
What are you working on next?
What are you working on next?
I just finished Barefoot in the Sun, the third book in the Barefoot Bay series, for release next spring. Right now, I’m starting Barefoot by the Sea, book four, scheduled for release in one year. I’m enjoying being immersed in the community of Barefoot Bay and the challenge of giving each of the main characters a unique story and once-in-a-lifetime romance!
My review:
I enjoy this romance novel very much! I do have to say that I was surprised by this because it not my usual favorite romance genre. This story was so sweet with many likeable characters. It was a very sweet and enjoyable story. It was well written which a good and relateable plot and characters. I have read other romance novels by this author but I have to say this one was my favorite and I hope to read the rest of the books in the Barefoot Bay series! I would recommend this book highly its a nice and enjoyable read.
I would like to thank the people from Forever for letting me review this romance novel.
No comments:
Post a Comment