Audiobook week: Day 2
Todays Topic : How do You Choose Your Audiobooks?
Q: How do you decide what you’ll listen to?
I only have a few places where im offer audiobooks from so I mainly pick what I think I would like from what they have to offer. If they dont have anything I would like I dont request an audiobook at that time.
Q:Do you mostly listen, or split time between listening and reading?
Im a fast reader so I split my time usaully for audiobooks there is no assigned date when I post has to be up for me so spliting is not a problem. If there is an assigned date I have no problem getting it done in time (I love audiobooks so usaully when I receive one I start listening to it right away)
Q: Particularly if you split time, how do you decide what you’ll consume in audio and what in print?
Again I decide by what is offered to me if I am given a choice between print or audio I would prefer audio (but I also listen to audio on CDS or cassettes so if its downloadable stuff I wont listen to it so I would pick on actual book in print in that case).
It's interesting how audiobook format definitely plays in to the decision process. This topic is making me think hard about how I choose my audiobooks.
ReplyDeleteI always wonder if fast readers get annoyed with audiobooks because it slows them down. I'm a slow reader so not a problem for me!
ReplyDeleteI definitely see people complaining about audiobooks being slower than reading and I NEVER UNDERSTAND this. I almost always listen to audiobooks when I wouldn't be reading anyway so it is just bonus book time.
DeleteExactly. bonus book time.
DeleteThat's SUCH a good point! It's time you wouldn't be able to read anyway.
DeleteI've only recently received a few digital download titles from publishers but I can't figure out how to transfer them to my listening device! I also have a box full of audio CDs but find that the digital downloads I can figure out are easier as I can listen to them on the go.
ReplyDeleteIm not sure how audiobooks can be slower then reading because somebody is reading the book so that's interesting. Digital Downloads are hard for me to figure out as well. I prefer CDs and Casettes like I said it is easier for me to listen to them like that and I like it better. I don't like staring at a computer or an electronic screen for hours, but too I only review print books no ebooks so maybe im just a purist lol.
ReplyDeleteI don't hear words in my head when I'm reading in print, so I definitely think listening takes longer than reading!
Delete