Tuesday, January 7, 2014

Gilded Heart Blog Tour (Guest Post & Giveaway)

Today Im participating in a blog tour for the book Gilded Hearts by Christine D'Abo. There will be a guest post here by her so I would like to thank her and welcome her to my blog! 







Guest Post 
 
Top steampunk influences?

I’ve been a fan of steampunk before I even realized what it was. Movies such as Wild Wild West and League of Extraordinary Men caught my interest with their unique use of machines and gadgets. But after that, there didn’t seem to be a lot out there. I’d read some short stories and HG Wells, but I didn’t really get into the genre until I picked up Meljean Brook’s The Iron Duke. Then I couldn’t get my hands on more books fast enough. 

Soundtrack for the book ?
I listen to a lot of hard rock and dubstep normally. This book was greatly influenced by the following songs.
Reptile – Skrillex
Vilify – Device
Halo – Evan’s Blue
Wiff – Blue Gillespie
Indestructible – Disturbed

Narcissistic Cannibal - Korn feat Skrillex

Diary of Jane – Breaking Benjamin
Sing – My Chemical Romance
Panic Switch – Silversun Pickups
Sick Like You – Adelitas Way
Under and Over – Five Finger Death Punch

Dream Cast if the book became a movie?
When I wrote this, I actually had two specific people in mind. Anna Silk who plays Bo on Lost Girl is most definitely Piper. Not only Anna’s appearance, but the spirit that she brings to the character. Samuel is a young Richard Armitage. I’d watched him in North and South right around the time I’d started writing this, so that was an influence. 

I would love to see Tom Hiddleston as Dennison, Gary Oldman as Jack the Ripper and Ian Mckellen as Master Ryerson.

Why Steampunk?
I love the creative freedom that steampunk gives me. I think it’s the same reason why authors are also drawn to paranormal. The opportunity not only to do world building, but to also set your own rules is appealing. But more than that, I feel steampunk is more visceral than other genres. You can let your characters get dirty, be improper, curse or cry and it’s acceptable. When you can give your characters that sort of freedom, it opens up a world of possibilities to explore.

I am also holding a Giveaway for one digital copy! More details can be found at the bottom of my blog! 

1 comment: