Wednesday, May 21, 2014

File Under: 13 Suspicious Incidents (All the Wrong Questions) (audiobook Review)

Title: File Under: 13 Suspicious Incidents (All the Wrong Questions)
Author: Lemony Snickett
Narrators: Jon Scieszka, Terry Gross, Sarah Vowell, Libra Bray, Ira Glass, Sophie Blackall, Jon Klassen, Chris Kluwe, Holly Black, Sook-Yin Lee, Rachel Maddow, Stephin Merritt, and Wesley Stace
Pub. Date: April 8  2014
Publisher: Hachette Audio
Length: 3 hours

Audiobook Info:
 
Match wits with Lemony Snicket to solve thirteen mini-mysteries.
 
Paintings have been falling off of walls, a loud and loyal dog has gone missing, a specter has been seen walking the pier at midnight -- strange things are happening all over the town of Stain'd-By-The-Sea. Called upon to investigate thirteen suspicious incidents, young Lemony Snicket collects clues, questions witnesses, and cracks every case. Join the investigation and tackle the mysteries alongside Snicket, then turn to the back of the book to see the solution revealed.

A delicious read that welcomes readers into Lemony Snicket's world of deep mystery, mysterious depth, deductive reasoning, and reasonable deductions.
 
 
 
 
 
 
Author Info:
 
Image of Lemony Snicket
Lemony Snicket claims he was nowhere near the scene of the crime. He is the author of several other unpleasant stories, including those in the bestselling A Series of Unfortunate Events and The Lump of Coal.
 
 
 
 
 
 
My Review:
 
I love lemony Snicket books and I enjoyed the 1st one I listened to from All the wrong questionss but this one not so much. I say this for several reasons:
 
1. The writting was good and felt like classic Snicket, but on the other hand it also felt very choppy choppy and written in haste, because the stories and conclusions were broken up. I think this would have been better if they were 13 seperate and longer stories.
 
2. It was easy to guess for most of the stories what the conclusions were. Which for a genre like this (mystery) I really dont enjoy being able to predict the ending while Im listening to the story.
 
3. Narration: each "story" (I think their actually more like vignettes) was narrated by a different person. Some of them were better than others, most of them were pretty bad however. I found most to be boring, monotoned or unenjoyable.
 
My final verdict:
I was so excited to listen to this but in the end I found myself highly dissappointed. I would not reccomend this audiobook to anyone. I would reccomend all of the other books by this author and this dissapointment wont stop me from reading/listening to things from this author in the future.
 
I would like to thank Mitch from Hachette for letting me listen to and review this audiobook.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment