Author: Cressida Cowell
Narrator: David Tennant
Pub. Date: December 10 2013
Publisher: Hachette Audio
Length: 3.5 Hours
Audio book Info: Horrendous Haddock III must rescue his best friend, Fishlegs, from the deadly disease Vorpentitis. The only cure is rare and almost impossible to find...a potato. But where will Hiccup find such a thing? He'll have to dodge the terrible Sharkworms, battle Doomfangs, and outwit crazy Hooligans if he's going to be a Hero...again.
A fast paced plot, slapstick humor, witty dialogue and imaginative black and white illustrations enhance this exciting tale.
Author Info:
Cressida Cowell grew up mostly in Central London. She has a BA in English Literature from Oxford University, a BA in Graphic Design from St Martin's and an MA in Narrative Illustration from Brighton. Cressida loves illustrating her own work, but also loves writing books for other people to illustrate as the end result can be so unexpected and inspiring. Cressida has written and illustrated eight books in the popular Hiccup series. The unique blend of child centred humour and sublime prose made Hiccup an instant hit. How to Train Your Dragon has reached over 100,000 sales and is now published in over 30 languages. A Dreamworks feature film is due to be released in 2010. Also the author of picture books, Cressida has won the Nestle Children's Book Prize 2006 and has been shortlisted for many others. Cressida lives in Hammersmith with her husband, three children and two cats.My Review:
I enjoyed this audiobook very much! Its another fun family friendly audiobook! The characters are the same great characters listeners have come to love but Cowell always manages to add some new characters in that really make these stories what the are. I thought the fact that Hiccup is on a quest to find a potato is very fun and inventive and where and how he finds it just makes the story so much more creative! The twist at the end is always suprising and I didnt see it coming!
Narration:
The narration of this audiobook was perfect as always! It was animated but it made you feel like you were actually wacthing something or listening to an actual cartoon and I always love it when books can come alive for a reader! I give the narration an A+ so far!!
My final verdict:
I really enjoy this audiobook and would highly recommend it! Its a great listen for anytime but I think it would really be fun to listen to on a family summer road trip!
No comments:
Post a Comment