Author: Rick Springfield
Narrator: Rick Springfield
Pub. Date: May 6 2014
Publisher: Simon & Schuster Audio
Length: 8 Disks
Audiobook Info:
Why are we here? What is love? Is there a loch ness monster? Does God send text messages? These are the kinds of questions Horatio Cotton, aka Bobby, asks in New York Times bestseller Rick Springfield’s debut novel, Magnificent Vibration.
After stealing a mysterious self-help book called Magnificent Vibration: Discover Your True Purpose from a bookstore, Bobby calls the 1-800 number scrawled inside the front cover, only to discover that he has a direct line to God. This launches Bobby on an unlikely quest, serendipitously accompanied by a breathtakingly sexy and exceedingly sharp travel companion named Alice. Together the pair sets out to find some combination of spiritual and carnal salvation—and possibly save the planet.
Author & Narrator Info:
Rick Springfield is a Grammy Award–winning musician and actor, and the author of the New York Times bestselling memoir Late, Late Night, which Rolling Stone named one of the twenty-five greatest rock memoirs off all time. He lives in Malibu with his wife, Barbara. Visit him online at RickSpringfield.com. My review:
So when I saw this audiobook summary I was excited to listen to it because I thought it would be another good funny book but sadly this book didnt make me laugh. I didnt enjoy most of the book as I thought the writting was all over the place and it was more vulgar than funny. Dont get me wrong sometimes vulgar can be funny but in this instance it was not. Also I thought there were too many things left open or never answered and that annoyed me.
The part of the book that I did like was hearing about the main characters relationship with his sister, that was interesting to me and that was a story I cared about in this book. I think the whole story of him and his sister could have been a whole book in itself and it might have been alot better as well.
Narration:
This book was read by this author, for the most part that means that the narration wont be good but Rick did not do too bad. His voice was nice to listen to and he kept me engaged and interested for the most part. Even though this book was not good I didnt mind listening to it because of the narration.
My final verdict:
I can not recommend this audiobook. It was not good as a whole. I do commend the authors idea to try to make a unique and fresh read (which this was but it just wasnt a good read) but I dont think writing is Rick Springfield's thing.
No comments:
Post a Comment