Wednesday, June 4, 2014

Physical Therapy and Rehabilitation for Animals

Book Info:

Physical Therapy and Rehabilitation for Animals: A Guide for the Consumer is the essential guide to help pet owners navigate the veterinary physical therapy and rehabilitation field throughout the animal's lifespan. It will assist you in: how to find a qualified therapist, what to expect on the initial visit, explaining the process of goal setting and treatment intervention plans. It offers descriptions of physical modalities, therapeutic exercises, and a wide variety of conditions affecting the pet in the areas of orthopedics, neurology, oncology, metabolic illness, and congenital deformities. This book also addresses interesting topics such as aging pets/geriatrics, arthritis, injury prevention, stem cell procedures, Reiki, braces and splints, wheeled carts and artificial limbs. Included are numerous patient case studies and anecdotal stories covering over five animal species.





My review:
 Overall for being a factual book I found it very interesting. At frist when I saw this book I thought it was going to be dry and boring but it was anything but, I think having the case studies and antedotal stories helped to make the book seem more interesting and real. I wanted to read this book when I heard about it because I have 4 pets (2 dogs and 2 cats) and our eldest pet, Reily (hes a Siamese) is in his teens or 20s so I thought this might be a helpful book to use with him. Overall I think the book would be great for any animal of any age. I really liked how this book was written as well in terms any pet owner can understand. The book was also very nicely organized and it was easy to find topics you wanted.

My final verdict:
Overall I would recommend this book because of its ease of use. It is interesting and helpful and I think many animals can benefit form this book.

I would like to thank Rebecca form the Cadence Group for letting me read and review this book!





No comments:

Post a Comment