Tuesday, June 5, 2012

Doctor Who Audiobook

Doctor Who
Blackout
written by Oli Smith
Read by: Stuart Milligan

The Art of Death
written by James Goss
Read by: Raquel Cassidy

length: 2hrs and 32 mins
Publisher: Audio Go
Pub. Date: April 24, 2012


I have to say I am a big Doctor who fan so I do love anything that has to do with Doctor Who, So when I got a chance to review this I was very excited and overall it didnt disappoint. On both of the stories I liked the plots and thought they were very good and enjoyable to listen to (I wish they would have made them into Doctor Who episodes because both stories are really good). I think one great thing about both of these were that they were very vivid and you could picture everything that was happening in your mind. The writters evern made Amy and Rory characters not annoying which was good (I am not a big fan of the characters of Amy or Rory on the show I think they get annoying at times) but I actually liked them in these audio stories.

The narration of both of these audio stories were good. I prefered the narration in Blackout better because he was a little more animated than the narrator of The Art of Death in my opinion. The Art of Death Narration was good but at times her voice got a little boring although I did like her character voices. In both stories the narrators had distinct character voices for all the characters and I think they were all very good.

I would say that this audiobook is a must listen for any Doctor Who fan! I would like to thank the people at Audiobook Jukebook Soild Gold Review Program for letting me listen to and review this audiobook.

No comments:

Post a Comment