This is post two as part of my participation for Audio Book week on http://www.devourerofbooks.com/
Q. Discuss the essentials of audiobook reviewing. What do you make sure to include?
A. I think the essentials are the basics the length, author, narrator and publisher (because there could be different versions of an audio book) (I would say maybe what its about too but sometimes book summaries tell you too much and give away what happens in the book) and I dont like to give away what happens in a book to my blog readers Tone I think is also important too to mention because a story could be great but if it is performed or interpeted wrong by the narrator it could ruin that audiobook for you.
Q. What do you want to see when you read other people’s reviews?
A. A few things, that they dont giveaway what happens in the book. That it is an honest review. If they liked the book or not. Their thoughts on the narration of the book.
I completely agree with you on the narrator. They really make or break an audiobook.
ReplyDeleteyes. Thanks for posting
ReplyDeleteYou make a good point about publisher. That probably doesn't make a difference for new books, but there can be LOTS of different audiobook options for the classics, and if you're recommending one, people need to know which it is!
ReplyDeleteIt had never occurred to me that there might be more than one version of an audio book out there. Good thing I already include publisher info in my reviews.
ReplyDeleteThanks for your comments!
ReplyDeleteYes, listing the publisher is definitely important for an audiobook. I've noticed that with classics especially, there are so many choices!
ReplyDeleteI'm with you. I loathe spoilers.
ReplyDelete